Friday, February 18, 2011

Chocolate Cake For Breakfast

I had a ridiculously good day, full of sunshine and joy and just pure delight in so many ways. I have to share or imma gonna bust!

First off, I had chocolate cake for breakfast. Yes, I did. Happy Bday, Mum! After breakfast, I promptly took an hour long nap and it was so restful. I got up and worked on math for a bit, then hopped on my bike for a 14 mile ride in the brisk and crazy strong wind and amazing sunshine. Whilst passing a farmhouse, I smelled woodsmoke and as y'all know, woodsmoke is my favorite smell. When I got home, my arms, legs and stomach were bright pink from the cold and I felt a little like an alien. I filled a mason jar with chai tea and proceeded to paint my toenails a custom shade I call Raspberry. Hello winter toes, this is sunlight. Sunlight, these are my winter toes.



Andrew was on the computer next to me, playing solitaire. He was leaving on a retreat in a couple hours and I asked him if he was excited. He said,

"I don't usually show my excitement outwardly; I just burble inwardly."
That guy cracks me up like an egg! Sitting down, I did more math and listen to Tenth Avenue North.

After more math (which I was doing halfway successfully, woot!), I biked to Walmart with Babs, which was great fun. We got gum and toothpaste and almost got run down by a car turning to the wrong lane. You know that white-colored ice that has air underneath it and when you run over it, it sounds like breaking glass? The way our temperatures have been created a lot of that ice and on our way home, we crunched a ton of it. That is one of my favorite things to do. Then I skidded out, but no biggie. It's part of being alive, right?

Now, I'm home again, making peppermint tea and eating little bits of caramel popcorn made with real butter, reading the sixth installment of Alyssa's love story and listening to music. Seriously, is it okay how much I love Hillsong Kids? I wanna marry the lead singer, that asian dude in the green. How can he not be out of breath by the end of that song? And how can he smile so much?
I'll admit that something deep inside me wants to be a part of Hillsong Kids... and not just the chance of meeting him! Haha, I really love how they want kids to really join in and worship and how they integrate profoundly biblical truths and totally catchy tunes.

I can't remember the last time I had such a great day and I think part of the reason is because God is giving grace in abundance and rewarding my (imperfect) waiting on him. For the past half a year or so, I've been struggling with some hard things and I believe God let me reach a breaking point where a lot of things finally make sense. He's freed me! I'm so thankful and so, so blessed. This is a moment of sunlight, literally and spiritually and I'm savoring the rays so I'll remember this time when life isn't so easy.

R<3

4 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaay, sunlight. I'm really annoyed that we're having a huge snowstorm now... I mean, it's supposed to be SPRING. (Okay, I know it's not, but, still, it should be illegal for the stuff to start melting and then have a bunch of new stuff come... But I bet it does look pretty...)

    The quote from Andrew reminds me of Noah... ^_^_^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice...sounds like a pretty amazing day, sunshine and woodsmoke....ahhh....it was gorgeous here over the weekend. hope he has a great time on the retreat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't know what happened to my last comment, but anyway... you inspired me! check out my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!!

    So nice to "meet" you today!
    Melanie :)

    ReplyDelete