Thursday, September 1, 2011

I Found It

i've found the one who has perspective
only He doesn't sell it -
He spills it freely
and what's more
He created it -
some just for me
shamed and grateful tears
i curl myself small
both because i do matter
and because i don't

***

I've been having quite the time with school over here, but hey guess what? God's grace is steadiness amidst my wobbling. (I just need to keep repeating that to myself.)

"What is my barrenness? It is the platform for His fruit-creating power.
What is my desolation? It is the black setting for the sapphire of His everlasting love."

"Come with the blind eye of darkened understanding: come with the limping foot of wasted energy: come with the maimed hand of weak faith, the fever of an angry temper or the ague of shivering despondency; come just as you are, for He who is God can certainly restore you."
-Spurgeon

How amazing is that last quote?! I read it late one night, exhausted and stressed and as I read, I felt my body release tension and my soul lift lighter. Thank you, God, for taking me just as I am, drama, unbelief, pride and all.

R<3

Listening to Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks

4 comments:

  1. Hello! My name is Monique, I am Brazilian and I used the online translator to write you. (laughs).
    Must be hard to read but it is, the intention is good ...
    I can not speak (or write) in English but would love to make new international friends.
    I like your blog! Your thoughts of my approach.
    I hope to build a new friendship.
    Big kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good, and he always proves to be the steady hand in my life when everything else seems to be going haywire.

    Beautiful quotes, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monique, do you speak spanish (habla espanol?)

    ReplyDelete