Sunday, January 9, 2011

Freedom in Confines

When my brother came back, we had no spare rooms for him, so I had to move out of my cozy little kingdom. It wasn't as tragic as all that, but I noticed something. A lot of the habits I'd been working on kinda fell through when I moved in with Jak. Like, making my bed and getting up promptly and some scripture memory I'd been trying to work on. Well, the scripture memory is a fight anyway. A fight in progress... kind of a slow motion fight.

Two observations from that.

1) I'm a person who values consistency, especially in everyday things.
2) My newly forming habits do not stick well!

Then I was watching this amazing movie with my siblings. I won't go into it, because it's rather involved, but there was this fantastic line.

"Don't you find it ironic that the only place she would find freedom is within the confines of city?"

When I work within what God tells me to do, there is freedom. Just doing my own thing is not fun and it carries a couple of bucketloads of guilt along with it. I shouldn't let my circumstances changing affect my determination to seek God. If I would just suck it up and obey, my life would be a lot easier.

Working on it... working on it... and hey, seriously! I posted today! Didn't think that was going to happen.

R<3

Listening to The Office - Theme Song

1 comment:

  1. New habits are the least habit-y... ^_^

    You lost your room? Sad!

    ReplyDelete