Sunday, July 11, 2010

Amusingly Not

I went to an amusement park for the first time a couple days ago. There were lots of roller coasters and various terrifying rides.
Trying to be a good sport, I rode them, but do you know where I was happiest?

Yep, you guessed it.On the carousel, with my cousin Kristina
and on the Ferris Wheel with my friend Tabitha.

Give me safe and sound any day of the week. I just don't love wringing all the adrenaline out of myself in one single afternoon. I don't love feeling like I'm falling.

I could wax eloquent about the emptiness of amusement parks, but it's a lovely sunny Sunday afternoon and I think this calls for watching a dvd with my family in our cool, dark downstairs and then a walk when the sun starts goes down and the shadows are long and breezy down our street.

Be at peace. He gave us peace.

R<3


No comments:

Post a Comment