Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Truths In The Cracks Of Life





Staring up at a white plaster ceiling, I asked myself. What does it mean for God to be my refuge right now?

I asked again during a long day at work, partially deaf in an awkward isolated silence.
I asked again when  I came home from ten hours at work and wanted raspberry white chocolate scones and not because I was hungry.
I asked again when I agreed to go running for the first time in months with a friend who runs almost everyday.

God being my refuge means I'm safe when I can't interact with people how I usually do - I don't need to rely on my social skills to ensure I am loved*.
It means I'm safe to rely on Him rather than food,- because He satisfies*.
It means I'm safe to go running and be ready to fail and be out of breath because failure would not be the end of the world.

God being my refuge means replacing lies with truth. It means studying to know how to answer the lies that creep and crawl like lichen on forest trees. I know the wide truths - the love, the mercy, the wonderful justice - but I want to know how they fit into each tiny crack of my life. God is my refuge.

Let your steadfast love be upon us, Oh Lord, even as we hope in you.

God, you are my refuge, right now.

R<3

Listening to Fair - Disappearing World
Linking with Imperfect Prose

7 comments:

  1. god as my refuge means replacing lies with the truth....now that is one to ponder and measure by...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous.

    He is indeed our mighty refuge.

    I know the wide truths - the love, the mercy, the wonderful justice - but I want to know how they fit into each tiny crack of my life.

    ^^ that is powerful, love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful ruthiey. love these words. and so in need of reading them today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what great reminders! it's helpful to have this truth when locked deep in a struggle with lies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to remember to believe this. And remember it.

    Thanks for yet another fabulous post, darling. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ruthiey... i soaked this up. i'm going to meditate on this, on God as my refuge this week. (and i don't blame you for wanting those scones--they sound delicious :))

    ReplyDelete