Saturday, June 18, 2011

To A Friend (2)


When I write these 'To A Friend' posts, I hope you know I'm humbly sharing things that have blessed me, with a profound sense of gratefulness to God for all He has taught me from His word and all my amazing mentors and friends. So many have taught me. Everyone to whom much was given, much will be required*.

*********

I have a word from the Lord for you. No, seriously, I went to sleep praying for you and when I woke up, I began reading in 1 Kings 18*. Here's what God told me. (Disclaimer: not an audible word from the Lord, of course, but what I felt like He was wanting you to hear.)

When we are in times of need spiritually, that is a proper time for extended prayer. Elijah was persistent, humble and believing. He got down and prayed, bowed down low, for what must have felt like forever. God answered him in the seventh time. The sky grew black, rain fell and the drought was over.

Is 50:10
Let him who walks in darkness
and has no light, trust in the name of the Lord
[his names are Savior-Messiah, Abba-Father, Forever Near, Lover, Keeper, Restorer and Irresistible Light]
and rely on his God.

So make time, intentionally cross something off your schedule and borrow little times throughout the day to seek God. It's okay if you don't know what to say. The Spirit helps us in our weakness, interceding on our behalf*. Satan will try to tell you it's not important enough, that you're too busy or you're too guilty. Don't listen to him. I love you!

R<3

Listening to Christy Nockels - By Our Love

Sisters, we were made for kindness
We can pierce the darkness as He shines through us
We'll come reaching, with a song of healing
They will know us by our love

2 comments:

  1. good stuf...esp making it practical in marking something off you schedule...hope they hear as this is hugely important and something we could all stand to do occassionally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. Its easy to let unimportant things take the place time we should spend with God. It must be an intentional choice or there will never be enough time left for Him. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete