Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hope

Sometimes, there are days when writing words of hope almost seems like treachery. Like lies and falseness. Sometimes, there's an almost undeniable urge to wallow. Sometimes, it seems like a battle between loving myself or loving God. Sometimes, I love neither. Sometimes, it feels like an allergy that will kill me, an allergy to hope.
But then, I realize - I don't need to be true to myself - I need to be true to the one and only Perfection, the All-Knower, the Savior and Lover of my soul. He calls me to hope. He calls me to love, his love. He calls me back into the light and at his persuasion, I have no choice but to joyfully go. I'll dance before too long and start to write words of hope again.
Hope in God.

4 comments:

  1. Good post. I'm reminded of something I read a bit ago... that trusting emotions to guide you is like trying to tell time by shining a flashlight onto a sundial at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd like to steal 'allergy to hope' as a song title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to steal 'Audacity of Hope' for a book title.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'd like to steal that whole post for a hmm...well, i liked it. =)
    reminds me of psalm 42. read it! david wasn't just a plastic-smile dude...he had genuine fears and hurts. God didn't always give him the answers he was looking for, but david knew to hope in God! i'm glad to see that you know that too. =)

    ReplyDelete