Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Just Words Like Dublin and New Baby Niece

It is so strange to fly over surfaces you've only seen on maps, be actually physically above something you've run your finger over, to look forward to seeing the shapes of countries, the outlines of mysteries that countless have explained but you go to discover for yourself. It's thrilling and terrifying. Since descriptions can't capture a country and perceptions are rarely accurate, something has to change and it probably won't be the land mass. (Written flying over the UK)


*   *   *

Honestly I wasn't that impressed when I landed in Dublin. I was like, I could just go to Seattle for this misty grey weather, after all your torturous hoopla of ticketing and border stuff and grouches of bus drivers, thankyouverymuch.

Then I realized I hadn't eaten anything for about seven hours and I had gotten less than an hour of sleep on my overnight flight, so I went to chill (and eat) at McDs and slowly realized how delightful Dublin actually is - rainy, cobble-stoned, vintage but new and so diverse. 

Also I think I want to be an Aer Lingus flight attendant. Check out their adorable uniforms

Right now I'm just chilling waiting for Jak to get here. After traveling and trying to catch flights for fourteen something hours, it feels wonderful to sit down and have nothing to do.

Except, of course, be excited once again that my brother David's little daughter was born. She's early and tiny and a little worried not to be with her mom right now so pray for her, but mostly please join me in a joyous dance at her safe arrival!

Listening to She and Him - Why Do You Let Me Stay
Aer Lingus played this song before take-off- another great reason to work there :)

2 comments:

  1. dublin

    ok my jealousy is really kicking in about now...haha...

    and yay to brother on the new daughter...that is awesome...

    have a great time

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would look pretty great in one of those uniforms, yessir. ^___^

    ReplyDelete