Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pick Your Spot


Ever thought about how loving people puts your heart in a really, really vulnerable place? I haven't thought about this often, but it's not called 'opening your heart' for nothing. Yesterday, someone close to me did and said something seemingly little that hurt me enormously. I had to struggle to put it into perspective and not react in my blind hurt. Because that person is so close to me, they have the ability to affect me like that. I wrote a poem about it just now.


here, here's my heart
I opened up my chest
go ahead, pick your spot
and remember it
when you tear me apart
because that staked-out
bit of my heart is
with you, for you

*********

Guest posting over at Vicki's blog today! I miss her and Erin lots! They're off on a missions trip and hopefully coming back soon. :)

Check out this amazing blog. Miss Elaini is wearing the same dress everyday for 100 days to raise money for orphans in India. She's almost done - onto her 92 day tomorrow and still needs to meet her goal. (And yes, I'm sure she washes the dress... that bothered me for a little while too :D).

R<3

Listening to OneRepublic - All This Time
(I cannot seem to get enough of this band! Aghhh, love them!) (photocredit)

3 comments:

  1. mmm...i feel you the giving up of little pieces of your heart...sorry you went through that yesterday and i hope that you let the other person know and are able to find resolution

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthiey - I know that I've said this before – but you have such a gift of writing – writing with heart, and transparency, and honesty – and I hope you just keep cultivating this gift. I wish there were someone when I was your age to tell me that – and encourage me along the way. So, sorry for repeating – but it's true. And this poem of yours today – I have experienced it myself – although I am way, way, way older than you – this is maybe the first year in my life that I have begun connecting my heart with other hearts. It started with Ann Voskamp - and naming this year "connect" – and at the beginning I was overwhelmed by the amount of emotion that I was feeling from other people – now I'm learning to connect better – and your poem? I could've written that for myself – except not as well as you. Thank you – and God bless and keep you and each and every one of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the whole loving people and then having them tear out bits of your heart without knowing it is one reason I have trouble trusting people.

    And, lately, I think, it's been worse than usual. It's like the tiniest thing someone does can tear me to pieces. >.<

    Anyways, I understand. I'll be praying for you. *squish*

    ReplyDelete