Friday, January 21, 2011

Interview With A Vicki

Here ya go, folks. The thrilling interview with my dear friend Vicki. Here's her blog, if you wanna go stalk her. I highly recommend it. Sorry, I forgot to ask her about her two jobs, but enjoy the rest of her highly fascinating replies.

R: First off, what are you wearing?

Vicki: I am wearing a gray knit dress with a white fairisle pattern on the sleeves and embroidered flowers on the left side and red and pink striped tights. It's actually going to be my next Trendy Tuesday outfit. I'm also wearing dance shorts.

R: Where does your style inspiration arise from?

Vicki: The murky mists of the black lagoon! Actually, I like to wear things from different countries. Like, today is supposed to be Scandanavian and I also just like combinations of black and pink.

R: If you ruled a kingdom, who would be your second in command?

Vicki: Erin [my sister], because when there's a a decision to make, her heart is almost always right and my mind is almost always right. When we can't decide whether we should do something we've thought of, if her intuition agrees with my logic, then we know we should. Conversely, if my intuition says yes and her logic says yes, then we probably shouldn't, because her logic is bad and my intuition is bad

R: Do you really want the job as ruler of a kingdom?

Vicki: Nope, not at all.

R: If all the world's a stage, where does the audience sit?

Vicki: On the moon.

R: If you had to pick two musician's life work and two author's complete works to take with you on a desert island what would they be?

Vicki: I would bring C.S. Lewis and Solzhenitsyn. C.S. Lewis because he's my favorite to read and Solzhy because I want to write like him and for the music - that is really hard - probably Sibelius and Bach.

R: What is your most prized possession?

Vicki: Can it be collective? It would be my books. My language books and dictionaries.

R: So you can communicate to foreigners?

Vicki: Just for learning.

R: You're such a homeschooler.

Vicki: Oh, that's right, I'm not on a desert island anymore. I forgot and thought I still was.

R: Haha! No, now you get a $10,000 shopping spree to one store. What store would it be and how long would it take you to spend it?

Vicki: Well, I could probably spend $10,000 at a Barnes and Noble on books and music, but it would take a while. Maybe a year.

R: Pick a hair color for the entire population of the world.

Vicki: Blue.

R: Your favorite place out of doors?

Vicki: On top of a mountain, any mountain, but mountains in the southwest are better than in the east, because there are fewer trees and more rock.

R: What have you learned recently about God that means the most to you?

Vicki: That He really does sympathize with our weaknesses.

R: Tell me the story of your life.

Vicki: Well, I was born on Labor day and all the doctors thought it was funny and Mom didn't so much, but it's a really convenient birthday, because I always get a three-day weekend. Almost my whole life I've played the piano and taken some sort of dance lessons. I took voice lessons in Jr High too, but only for 6 months. I sang in a choir part of college, but now I just accompany kids' choirs. I wish I still sang in a choir.

I was always homeschooled, except I learned around with different people in high school. No, it was not hard to transfer from homeschool to college at all, because college is like homeschool more than it is like high school. At least, from what I've seen of high schools. I have two majors. I had to audition twice to get in for the music major.

R: And was that terrifying?

Vicki: Yes. Let's see what else... I have a doppelganger and people always mistake me for her. She also has blue streaks in her hair but my blue streaks are fading away. ...this isn't really the story of my life :P

R: What's your favorite flavor of icecream?

Vicki: Chocolate.

R: If you could have any pet, what kind would it be and what would you name it?

Vicki: Well, I used to have a bird, a cockatiel and his name was Kolo-kolo, but if I got another pet it would be a boa constrictor and I don't know what I would name it. Chompy, or Squeezy. There was a lizard named Slava once. Maybe I would steal that name.

The end! Enjoy! I love everyone who reads my blog and I am thrilled by every comment! And yes, the name of the post is a spin-off of Interview With A Vampire, but I was kind enough to not reference Tom Cruise. Oops.

R<3

Listening to Taylor Swift - Back To December

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaaaaaaay, that's my Vicki. Major win, man. ^_^ Both the questions and the answers. I love you guys.

    I actually know next to nothing about that movie... Aren't you shocked? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I think of it, I should have said for the where does the audience sit question, I should have said
    "He sits in the heavens and laughs" cf psalm 2.
    Oh well. :D

    ReplyDelete