Friday, April 30, 2010

Leaving and Coming

Ok, update time.

I went to Bebo Norman and it was good - not quite what I expected - but not disappointing. I would just prefer seeing him again in a different setting. He's super fun live, too.

I put in my two weeks notice at Kohls on the twenty-sixth and I'll be done in about a week. I'm so so so so sad to be leaving all the amazing people there and all the good times we had, but I won't miss it that much. It's time for a change. You know the feeling that you have to make a change immediately, or it won't end up happening? I could see myself staying at Kohls for a long long time if I hadn't gotten the little shove from Daddio. ^_^

What am I going to do? Well, I'm going to wear fuscia military jackets and stay home all day, writing in the sunlight and getting a wicked tan. Lovely, no?

Actually, I'm collaborating with the red cross for getting a certified nursing assistant degree. I'm going to become a full-time student, wearing pencils on my ears and mentally reviewing all the things I have to remember. The full class takes three weeks, so it'll be pretty intense.

After that, my dear cousins, who run a residential nursing home, have offered me a job and it's close enough to bike! Yippee!

In further news, there was lots of bread and cheese eaten today. A bible study I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeallllllly enjoying and often in an uncomfortable, convicting way, is Me, Myself and Lies - A Thought Closet Makeover, by Jennifer Rothchild. Super good and I love my bible study group! God's world is so lovely and he made it so perfectly! I find that if I try, even when I'm most miserable and having the hardest time, there's always something to thank God for.

R<3

Listening to Jimmy Eat World - The World We Love

1 comment:

  1. I hope, gentle but persistent.

    Daddio

    http://Christandmarriageagree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete