Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Matters Of The Art


As I said in my last post, I struggle to express myself creatively sometimes. Part of that is because I fold in on myself, focusing so much on having to write something brilliant, that I paralyze myself with fear. (Two articles that totally inspire me to artistic endeavors are here and here.) That being said, I find that in my most honest moments with God, I find my voice creatively and I like most the things I just say to God.


gasping struggle
pen on page
just tell me who I am
I know I've heard the words
so often before
but say them slow
and soft again for me
because I like the way
Your voice is tender on my soul
I like Your fortitude
in my wobbling
I like the way this peace
hides me like a curtain
in a place of honesty and rest
a place for God and sinner
Short post tonight, but I hope every artist who reads this takes hope. Your art matters. Even if your book doesn't become a best-seller or your pictures don't make it into a magazine, you can and will affect someone.
R<3
Listening to Keith Green - Make My Life A Prayer To You

1 comment:

  1. smiles. nice write...for the pen to work you must first dip it in the well...glad you found that place...and true that on touching lives...

    ReplyDelete