Monday, March 28, 2011

The Glamour Of A Good Fight


"And of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand." ~Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

My dear friend Vicki shared this quote with me as a pep talk for my math. There's something raw and human about struggling. It surely would be dull if I were tremendously talented in every area. When I stop and think about it, I'm relieved to be somewhat stupid in math.

Wow, never thought I'd say that.

R<3

Listening to RushJet1 - Forgotten Planet


314 cloud shadows
315 words of hope
316 buttery-soft gray leather airplane seats
317 seeing the stars and moon from an airplane window
318 getting a new book from amazon.com
319 attending two weddings in one weekend
320 the sound of rain on the top of a car
321 the sounds of the house where I work as it's waking up - the rustling of the newspaper and the hum of an electric shaver
322 making strawberry pie with Abbie and Jak
323 having no internet for the evening
324 my brother Daviey's compassionate heart

1 comment:

  1. hey i hope it goes quick for you...nice i love when amazon comes to my house...the wound of rain too...mmm....

    ReplyDelete