Thursday, November 11, 2010

Shot Down and Lit Up

I had a hard time getting my flu shot today. After being rejected from Walgreens because I'm about a month shy of my nineteenth birthday, I called the doctor's office. However, after getting a doctor's appointment, I ended up calling Cub because it's closer. Cub does give shots for people under nineteen, but my Cub was under construction. So I called Target and they only did it at the far-away Target, so I went to Other Cub and canceled my doctor's appointment.

Confused yet? Hang on. It gets better.

Even though I had called Other Cub and talked to the "Head Pharmacist", they were unable to give me a shot because their pharmacist had shipped off to Mexico and their temp person was somehow unable to give me a shot. Not sure what was up with that, but by that point, I was a little peeved.

Finally, I decided to throw one last effort out there. The Far-Away Target. Within about fifteen minutes of arriving there, I was punctured up and bandaged heftily. Praise God!

I have to tell you something. You'll probably laugh... I went shopping this morning and bought some boots that are similar to Seabird's bassist's boots. Yes, I love shoes. Truly, deeply and unfortunately. They ended up being too big, but I sold them to Stephen (sound familiar?) and I enjoy seeing him wear them almost as much as wearing them myself.


I will leave you with a picture of our Christmas lights which Stephen spent the evening putting up.

Farewell, friends! Stay warm.

R<3

Listening to Ian Walsh - Are They Ever Gonna Know

1 comment:

  1. Is it weird that my second thought after, "Hey, the bushes have lights in lines on them!" was "Whoaaa, they look like lips..."

    ^_^^_^_^_^_^

    [izerin]

    ReplyDelete