Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Surprisingly Small Giant's Causeway

So Jak and I did a tourist-y thing and it turned out to be a lovely, marvelous experience. 

 We took a coach tour to Giant's Causeway. First we had a lovely coastal drive. The Northern Ireland coast is one of the top five most beautiful in the world. And those are undeniable statistics, people.


Even though the forecast had been for snow, it was a playful, gusty, sunny day! I kept pinching myself. This is Ireland. I'm really here.
 
Did I mention it was a little gusty?


Please enjoy the blue-green water for a moment. Isn't it marvelous?



Sunshine glinting on the beautiful bumpy turf. 


Traditional lunch of Steak and Guinness pie with chips and veg. Tasty!



Beautiful Dunluce Castle. Anyone can feel free to make this their desktop background. :)


Up above the Giant's Causeway, the skyline against the sea and cliffs was incredible.


A pretty flower growing all around the place where the Giant's Causeway.


This is real, y'all. For real, this is a place on earth.



Not to appear unamazed, Jak and I were surprised at the actual size of the Giant's Causeway. It isn't actually that big, but the awesome symmetrical shapes and the closeness to the sea absolutely makes up for it.


I will leave you with this picture. This is precisely the moment after a big wave came and splashed up my legs. Guess I had take away some sort of souvenir. A bit of the Irish Sea isn't half bad.

6 comments:

  1. so cool....that castle is awesome....and steak & guiness pie....yum....we make a variation on that here....one of my fav meals...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steak and Guinness pie? That sounds like something Chris would like..

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just took a tour of the Giant's Causeway -- and without getting our feet wet or our hair mused :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://allrecipes.co.uk/m/recipe/92/the-absolute-best-steak-and-guinness--pie.aspx

    Try it and see! :) I'd love to hear about the results :) miss you. Thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, so pretty colors I'm going crazy aggggh

    ReplyDelete